How to Join
Please remember that your membership fees go directly to helping us support dyslexic people and their families in West Kent. KWDA is run by volunteers – we have no paid staff.
Please continue to support this great cause.
What your fees allow us to do:
- Run our support Helpline – Calls typically last from 5 mins to 55 minutes and provide invaluable support
- Run local events – inviting inspirational speakers to talk about issues affecting all dyslexics and those who support them
- Run our new website – providing local information, useful local services, sharing inspirational stories & promoting our talks and coffee mornings.
- Run GCSE Revision courses for Year 9 – 11 – tailored-made courses that support & encourage dyslexic learners with their revision. (A revision course booklet written by Jonathan Lewis – Learning Support Director at Tonbridge School – will be available to individual members on the website.)
- Workshops for Employers who wish to support their dyslexic staff (currently being run for AXA PPP based in Tunbridge Wells)
- Saturday Fun club – get together to help with self-esteem
- Bringing the local dyslexic community together.
For the sum of £15 you will receive:
- The British Dyslexia Association – Contact Magazine – 3 copies per year
- Free access to all our Events, talks & coffee mornings
- Priority booking on all courses
- Access to our Members’ only section on the website